3-4 Year Olds
Martial arts can be a great way for young children to develop physically, mentally, and emotionally. Here are some of the specific benefits that martial arts can offer 3-4 year olds:
- Physical development: Martial arts can help children improve their gross and fine motor skills, coordination, balance, flexibility, and strength.
- Mental development: Martial arts can help children develop their focus, concentration, memory, and problem-solving skills.
- Emotional development: Martial arts can help children develop their self-confidence, self-control, discipline, and respect for others.
5-6 Year Olds
In addition to the physical training, martial arts programs also teach children important life skills such as discipline, respect, and self-control. Our instructors will model these values in our behavior and teaching, and will also teach the children specifically about these values:
- Increased self-awareness. Martial arts can help children to become more aware of their own bodies and movements. This can help them to improve their coordination and balance, and it can also help them to develop a better sense of self-confidence.
- Improved social skills. Martial arts classes provide children with an opportunity to interact with other children in a safe and structured environment. This can help them to develop their social skills, such as teamwork, cooperation, and communication.
- Reduced stress. Martial arts can be a great way for children to relieve stress and anxiety. The physical activity and mental focus required by martial arts can help children to clear their minds and relax.
7-9 Year Olds
The Core Skillz program builds physical agility, control, and resilience to help kids excel. A child who is:
- Struggling with coordination may find that martial arts helps them to improve their balance and movement skills.
- Shy or lacks confidence may find that martial arts helps them to develop their assertiveness and self-esteem
- Having difficulty in school may find that martial arts helps them to improve their academic performance.
10-14 Year Olds
Kids between the ages of 10 and 14 are capable of great things – but they need the right tools and encouragement to accomplish them. It’s normal for kids at this age to be tempted by taking the easy way out of challenges, but we work with them to help them reach their full physical and intellectual potential.
YOUR CHILD WILL GROW WITH EVERY CLASS!
Children are like sponges. They absorb things quickly and easily – far more easily than we do as adults. In fact, parents can sometimes see a difference in their kids after just one martial arts class. Each additional class they attend increases their knowledge and growth.
Not only are they getting healthier as they learn martial arts, they’re also learning the value of self-discipline and respect. When you enroll your child in a martial arts class, you’re giving them much more than the physical skills we teach. You’re giving them the opportunity to thrive.
Yes. Self-control is essential to the study of martial arts, and our students learn that they must be the masters of their actions and emotions.
Martial arts training teaches focus, discipline, self-control, and respect. These traits help children let go of petty grievances and learn to pay attention to the things that are most important to their future success.
No. Martial arts has its roots in self-defense, but we teach children that violence is not the answer to their problems.
No. Our instructors are experienced working with children of all abilities and ages. Your child will learn at a pace that is comfortable for them, and in environment that puts their physical safety first.
Some kids who come to us are resistant at first, but martial arts instruction is both fun and active. Many kids think that martial artists are cool and that can help them stick with it even if it’s hard at first.
Yes. Kids who study martial arts learn that hard and persistent work pays off. Each small success helps children believe in themselves and have faith they can achieve their next goal.
Martial arts classes get kids off the couch into a setting where they can learn their bodies’ capabilities.
Learning martial arts builds physical stamina and strength, two key components of physical fitness.
An intense martial arts workout can burn 600 calories or more, helping kids drop excess weight.
Martial arts training increases muscle mass – and muscle burns more calories than fat and accelerates weight loss.